Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School Mommy too...



I have issues, I know. This semester I am embarking on 17 units, yes 17! I know I am crazy, that is why I am a psychology student. This semester I am taking Statistics (5 units), Persuasive Speech (3), Native North America(3) (an anthropology course), English(4), a Library course for my English class (1) (thanks Sister Hubble), and a Teaching Assistant (1) (Physical and Cultural Anthropology).

I thought my stats class would be my hardest class, but I was wrong, it is actually my easiest class thanks to Mrs. Smith from the last two semesters of Math...My hardest class will be my English class. The shear amount of work I will have to do in it is exhausting just looking at the list, let alone doing it. We have been in class for one week and I have already written a paper, read several chapters, and have several more chapters to go...

I am taking Statistics from an instructor I have had before. I took behavior modification from Ginger LeBlanc in the Spring of 2007. The class was amazing and I learned so much that I still use today in my everyday life. She is brilliant! She inspires me to fight for the top grade in her class because if I am top in her class I know I can be top in any other instructors class.

I was going to take her Bio-psych class this fall as well but because of circumstances beyond my control I had to take a required class instead. I have tried to avoid taking a speech class for 2 years now. In order to graduate I had to have one so I am taking Persuasive Speech...

I will graduate this spring with a double AA in psychology and anthropology, I am short two classes in Anthropology and because of those same circumstances could not fit either of the classes in my normal schedule. Luckily Professor Krista Moreland is willing to do an Independent Study course for me in Native North America this semester so that I can get these classes in prior to graduation!

Next semester I will need a Science, California History, Art appr. and Aercheology

4 comments:

tiki95 said...

You are amazing. I don't know how you do it and everything in your life. I just think about going to school and I need a nap. Maybe someday I will decide what I want to be when I grow up. Good Luck, you will do great.

Unknown said...

I just hope I get there! If I do then you can call me amazing! I just feel totally and completely overwhelmed. I pray daily for the strength to make through another day.

homegirl said...

WOW! That's a load of classes. I can't say I'm jealous! Maybe we can take a class next semester! Good Luck!

Three Irish Men and a lady said...

K so you need to add me to your blog.